Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm not little or a thing

Last night my girls kidnapped me for a little trip to Victoria’s Secret. At first I was really excited to see their special bridal offerings, including some cute tops, undies, and lingerie. Upon further examination of my cute findings I see the 3 words – “Sexy Little Bride.” Little? Really? Let’s forget for a moment the PINK campaign that Vicky’s ran recently. The one with PJ bottoms with the word PINK across the butt? Think about that one for a minute… Now they are putting “Sexy Little Bride” and “Sexy Little Thing” on their products. Maybe it’s my women’s college education that tells me this is degrading but common! I get that their underwear line is called ‘sexy little things’ since underwear is, after all, a thing. But what makes Victoria’s Secret think that I want to be called “little” and a “thing?” I thought the days of ‘the little lady’ ended in the 60’s. Needless to say I didn’t buy the two tops below – maybe if it had said “Very Sexy Bride” or plain old “Bride” I would have been more inclined to shell out the $34 and $48 respectively.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: