Monday, October 15, 2007

Adventures in Bargain Hunting

In a previous post I mentioned that if I were rich I would buy several pairs of these flip flops (below) from J.Crew so that ladies with sore feet could change into something comfortable but stylish.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well, ask and you shall receive! I was wandering through Willowbrook mall in Wayne, NJ and in the clearance bin at J. Crew I find at least 70 pairs of these babies on clearance for $4.99!! I know $5 is still a little steep but they are amazing and I love them. Plus, little know fact is that if you present a student ID J.Crew will take 10% off anything. The catch is that they only had 3 size 8’s and the rest were size 9’s. A very helpful sales person went into the back room to look for more but he found nothing else. So I loaded up one fiancĂ©, a bridesmaid and myself with 22 pairs (20 black for guests and 2 white for me) and headed for the register. We got some weird stares from the 2 girls at the register but after I explained that I’m a crazy bride they understood.

The best part - Art went back to the mall the next weekend and dropped into J.Crew to find they were having a 25% off sale on their sale items! He talked to the sales person who said, “yes, I remember you!” and he told Art that if he brought the receipt in we could get a price adjustment up to 15 days after the sale!! So we are little bargain hunters and I’m a happy bride!!

No comments: