Friday, January 4, 2008

Adventures in Bridesmaid Dress Shopping Part I

I will go out on a limb and say that I had the world’s easiest Bridesmaid dress shopping experience of any bride to come before me. My only requirements for the dress were black with an ivory sash and floor length. While reading Weddingbee one day I came upon a sale notification at Ann Taylor. They were having 25% off their already reduced Celebrations line. Never one to pass up a sale I took a gander and found a strapless floor length black dress on sale from $198 to $99.44. The additional 25% made it $74.58. I took a poll of the ladies and we agreed to meet at an Ann Taylor in the city so the dresses could be tried on. My only worry was that Ann Taylor only offers sizes up to 18 and one of my bridesmaids has a 46 inch bust -- the largest measurement on their size chart is 45.5 inches.

The dress



The dress in brown but with the sash


Three Bridesmaids made the trek to Ann Taylor on Madison Avenue in the pouring rain. The people in the store must have thought they hit a gold mine with all the trying on we were doing but I already decided we would be ordering on-line. 46 inch bust Bridesmaid got the 18 to zip past her waist but not her bust. She decided from past experience that it could be altered and for the price it was worth it. Below are pictures of the other girls.


Future Sister-In-Law
Friend

No comments: