Wednesday, January 2, 2008

If The Shoe Fits

Hello Blog! I took the holiday’s off and I’m back! It’s officially 2008 and that means I’m getting married this year! So much has happened in the last 6 weeks so I’ll get started with my wedding shoes. I am 5 foot 11 and Art is 6 foot even. Given this, I can’t exactly buy the first pair of heels I fall in love with. Back in September I posted about a pair of $165 J.Crew ballet flats that I wanted but could not justify spending that much money on. They are made in Italy with Italian viscose/silk and I prayed to the discount gods that they would go on sale. I waited patiently, checking the website every 2 days, until they went on sale for $98. I still couldn’t justify $98! What was a girl to do? I asked Art what he thought and he vetoed the $98 shoes. Crap! So I prayed to the discount gods for a 20% off final sale. Apparently there were a lot of other ladies waiting for the shoes to go on sale because sizes 8.5 - 9.5 vanished from the website in a matter of days. I was devastated to say the least but continued to check the site with some regularity out of desperation. Desperation paid off when a single pair of size 9’s appeared during my lunch break one day. After conferring with a bridesmaid, I learned my lesson to not ask Art, I decided to go for it. No sooner did the box arrive in the mail and the suckers go on sale for $89.99 with a 20% off sale! NOT FAIR! Only sizes 6-7 are available now so I don’t feel too bad about my $98 shoes. Maybe I should concentrate on finding a dress to go with the shoes…

No comments: